If you love fruit topped cheesecakes then you’ll love my Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream. A simple yet decadent cream cheese ice cream that has been churned to perfection and then swirled with a sweet blueberry jam that takes this ice cream to another level of good.
New Ice Cream Recipe, Yes Please!
I’ve shared many ice cream recipes on the blog in the past where I’ve taken some of my favorite desserts and used them for the inspiration for new ice cream treats.
For example, you may remember my Coconut Cream Pie Ice Cream or my Peanut Butter Cookie Ice Cream. If you haven’t seen those recipes you’ll want to take a look at them after reading about this latest ice cream creation because they have both been big hits with my readers.
My latest adventure in the kitchen found me filling my ice cream maker with a rich and creamy ice cream base that combines my love of cheesecake and fruit.
Yes, you heard me correctly! Cheesecake Ice Cream!
Making the Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
My Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream recipe consists of a cream cheese ice cream which would be spectacular without anything else added to it but then I added a swirl of homemade blueberry jam and oh my did that takes this treat to a whole new level of divine goodness.
I think this may be one of my favorite ice creams that I’ve made so far! I laugh a little bit when I wrote that because I may have said that in the past with some of my other ice creams, but you guys, I mean it this time. Okay, okay, I love any ice cream and truthfully find a new favorite all the time.
But trust me when I say, this one is hard to resist and so easy to make, so I’m totally fine saying it is one of my favorites.
I think what I love the most about this ice cream is the flavor that is added by the savory cream cheese. The cheese gives it a creamier texture and flavor that balances out the sweetness of the fruit for a perfectly sweet and tangy bite.
Unlike a lot of my ice cream recipes, you won’t find eggs in this cream mixture. Leaving out the eggs eliminates the need to cook the cream mixture which means this recipe comes together super quickly in the blender.
Here’s what you need for the Cheesecake Ice Cream:
- 12 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extra
- 1/3 cup Erythritol & Stevie Blend Sweetener
To mix up this ice cream base all you’ll need are the ingredients, a blender, and an ice cream maker. Toss it all into the blender and mix it until smooth.
Next, add the mixture to your prepared ice cream maker and churn the ice cream according to the directions on your machine.
Once it is churned it’s time to add in the blueberry portion this recipe.
Jazzing it up with Jam!
Although this Cream Cheese Ice Cream is amazing without anything else added, but don’t skip this step of adding in the blueberry jam. It is even more delicious! Don’t worry, this is the simplest jam you’ll ever make.
This Blueberry Jam only needs 3 ingredients and it cooks up in about 10 minutes. The blueberry swirl gives it a pop of color and a burst of fresh summertime flavors that I love!
If blueberries aren’t your thing, then you could do the same thing with strawberries, raspberries, or even some frozen mixed berries.
I don’t think you could go wrong with any of them!
Here’s what your need for the jam:
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup of water
- 2 Tablespoons of THM Super Sweet or Pyure
To make the blueberry jam place the blueberries, water, and sweetener into a saucepan and place it on medium heat.
Cook the blueberries until they are reduced by half and thickened into a nice jam. Stir the mixture often as it cooks so it doesn’t burn.
This process will only take about 10-15 minutes and the jam will continue to thicken a bit more as it cools.
After both components are finished then they are ready to come together in the final step of combining them before you let the ice cream set up in the freezer before serving.
Best Tips and Practices for Making Low Carb Ice Creams
Before I end this post, I want to share some of the “tricks of the trade” or “best practices” for making low carb ice creams at home. So here are a few of my favorites tips!
- Always make sure your ice cream maker is chilled and ready to go. Making sure to follow the directions that were provided by your ice cream maker’s manufacturer is import when it comes to a consistent churn.
- Remember to make sure your ice cream base has chilled for serval hours. The ice cream will churn faster and with a better texture if your ice cream base is completely cold before you add it to your ice cream maker.
- Taste your ingredients as you go to make sure you get the sweetness level to your liking. There are no eggs in this ice cream base so feel free to taste and adjust as much and as often as needed.
- For a creamier texture to your ice cream always have some heavy cream in the base mixture. Yes, this does add more fat, but the texture and mouthfeel of the churned ice cream are so much better when the cream is added. To cut calories in this ice cream I use half cream and half unsweetened almond milk.
- If you do need dairy-free ice cream, then try mixing canned coconut milk with the almond milk for the base.
- This tip may not be for everyone lol, but to prevent your ice cream from freezing solid in the freezer some sites I researched online recommend adding a few tablespoons of alcohol, like a fruit liqueur to fruit-flavored ice cream, or maybe vodka when you don’t want an alcoholic flavor.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and don’t forget to check out my other ice creams like the two I shared at the beginning of this post and my Java Chip!
A sugar-free cream cheese ice cream that is swirled with a homemade blueberry jam.
For the Blueberry Jam
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon THM Super Sweet (or 2 Tbsp of Pyure)
For the Ice Cream Base
- 12 ounces cream cheese, very soft
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup THM Super Sweet ( or Pyure)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- To make the blueberry jam place the blueberries, water, and sweetener into a saucepan and place it on medium heat.
- Cook the blueberries until they are reduced by half and thickened into a nice jam. Stir the mixture often as it cooks. This process takes about 10-15 minutes. Do not leave unattended.
- Once the jam is done remove it from the pan and chill until you are ready to place it into the ice cream. It will continue to thicken as it sits and chills.
- For the cream cheese ice cream, add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until it is extremely smooth and there are no lumps of cream cheese left.
- Next, chill the ice cream base mixture for several hours until it is ice cold. The mixture will churn better if it is extremely cold. I leave my mixture to chill overnight but at least 4-5 hours is best.
- After the ice cream base is chilled completely add it to your ice cream maker and church per the directions of your machine.
- Once the ice cream has churned, pour half of the ice cream into a storage container and spoon half of the blueberry jam onto the ice cream.
- Using a knife or spoon swirl the blueberry jam into the ice cream.
- Repeat this process with the remaining ice cream and then spoon the rest of the jam on top. Swirl the jam into the top layer.
- Cover and place into the freezer until it reaches your desired texture. Ice cream will set up hard if left in the freezer for many hours or overnight. To serve from frozen let the ice cream set out for 20 min and serve.
Amount Per ServingCalories 323Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 93mgSodium 148mgCarbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 4g
I am not a nutritionist. If you have strict dietary needs I always recommend using an online nutrition calculator to calculate your totals using your exact brands you're using in this recipe as values may vary per brand.
I am a southern girl through and through that loves to laugh, cook, read and spend time with family. My passions outside of home schooling my son are ministering to those in need and creating art in the kitchen! Every day is an adventure in our little house and I wouldn’t trade it or the chance to share here with you for anything!