Spicy Backed Chicken For A Quick And Easy Dinner!
If you’re familiar with me and this blog, you know by now that I love food prep, freezer meals and easy recipes. I know many of you are the same, so I wanted to share another one of my go to dinners for those busy days when you need dinner done quickly.
The great things about this recipe is that there are no special ingredients, and it will be ready to eat in under an hour. How’s that for quick and easy?
This recipe has up of two parts: your chicken and a spicy sauce for coating the chicken. The sauce doubles a as a dipping sauce also. I like to use boneless, skinless chicken breast for this recipe, but it would work well with dark meat also.
Side dish ideas for this meal are a nice salad, steamed broccoli or my Bacon Ranch Cauliflower Salad. My choice of side usually depends on how much time I have to get the food on the table.
Since this chicken dish is super fast to throw together, you can prepare your side dish as the chicken bakes and have dinner ready quickly. That is a definite “winner, winner, chicken dinner”! I couldn’t help myself, I had to say it. You guys know I did!!
This dish works well for any low carb lifestyle and fits perfectly into a Trim Healthy Mama “S” meal with the mayo version. If you would like to cut the fat grams in this recipe you can swap out the mayo for a fat-free plain Greek yogurt, making it a nice THM “E” option.
Tender baked chicken breast topped with a delicious spicy mayo topping that takes a plain chicken breast to a flavorful meal.
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups of real Mayo (*or fat free Greek Yogurt for THM "E")
- 3 Tablespoons of Buffalo or hot sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Make sure your chicken has been patted dry before adding your salt and pepper to taste. Set it aside.
- Mix your sauce ingredients together and then divide the mixture in half. Reserve half for dipping later.
- Brush the other half of the mixture all over the tops of the chicken breasts. Making sure to get a nice coating on all of them.
- If you want, you can sprinkle a little more Parmesan over the tops, but this is optional.
- Bake the chicken for about 35 minutes or until it reaches a 165 degrees.
- To brown the tops of your chicken broil on high for a few minutes, but watch it carefully to avoid burning it.
I am a southern girl through and through that loves to laugh, cook, read and spend time with family. My passions outside of home schooling my son are ministering to those in need and creating art in the kitchen! Every day is an adventure in our little house and I wouldn’t trade it or the chance to share here with you for anything!