Rotel Chicken Pasta
My Rotel Chicken Pasta is a low carb alternative to one of my favorite dishes I grew up eating, Chicken Spaghetti. That classic dish was always delicious and a crowd-pleaser.
I can remember seeing it on the tables at just about every church potluck or family get-togethers as I grew up and still today for that matter.
While that classic casserole is delicious it isn’t something that I can enjoy any longer since I am always working on improving my health and trying to shed some pounds.
The typical Rotel Chicken Spaghetti is full of cans of condensed soups and high-carb pasta that just doesn’t do my body any favors sadly with all those carbs.
That meant that I needed to find a way to make an alternative to the same type of casserole for me and my family to enjoy with all the excess carbs of the condensed soups.
I think this recipe is a great tasting alternative and apparently, my husband and son must agree because they had second helpings when I made this for dinner.
I love that I can give my pasta-loving son recipes that he loves without filling him up with all the processed high-carb noodles.
What Is The Best Low Carb Noodle for This Recipe?
I love using konjac noodles for recipes like these because they are so much better for us than typical noodles.
My favorite brand of these noodles comes from Trim Healthy Mama. They call them their Ancient Wisdom Noodles. This brand is truly the best I’ve tried.
Here’s what they say about the noodles: “This amazing noodle is reminiscent of an ancient Japanese kind made from the healthy Konjac root. We have tweaked it with a touch of oat fiber to achieve a more familiar look and texture. Now the health wisdom of the orient and the beloved pasta of an Italian eatery merges into the first Ancient Wisdom Noodle.”
If you haven’t tried them out, I really recommend that you give them a shot, while they are a bit chewier than your wheat pasta, they are so much better than any other konjac pasta I have tried.
I don’t think you will be disappointed if you give them a try in this recipe or any of my others using them here on the blog.
Besides any noodle that can help me not gain, but lose weight is the noodle I want to eat! Besides, a life without pasta dishes is not one I care to live. How about you?
Simple to Ingredients But Big Flavor
This recipe is a lifesaver when you need delicious comfort food. It is warm and creamy, and oh-so cheesy. That screams comfort to me.
This is recipe uses a lot of dairy products so we don’t have it weekly, but I think I could eat it daily and not get tired of it.
I always judge a recipe’s success on two things. First by the taste of course, and secondly how long it takes to make. You guys know that I am a full-time working mom that home schools my son and plays around here on the blog, so my meals have to be easy and fast most nights.
My Rotel Chicken Pasta is super simple to pull together and other than the noodles that some may consider a “special ingredient’ all these things are usually found in our fridges or cupboards.
As for the noodles, I try to order them often from the Trim Healthy Mama website other brands can be easily found in Walmart these days near the Vegan foods in the produce department.
I believe I have seen them at Kroger too, although if you want the best, in my opinion, check out them in the THM store HERE.
Making the Pasta
To make the Rotel Chicken Pasta you’ll have to step. The first step is to simply mix your cream base together in a blender then add it to a mixing bowl. After your sauce is complete it gets even easier with the second step.
Mix in the chicken and noodles and mix well. I recommend tasting it at this point and adjusting the seasonings if needed.
After the two steps are complete it is time to pour it all into a baking dish and top it with cheese. See, super easy!
You can find step-by-step instructions below in the recipe card but this pretty much sums up the “how-to” part. Easy Peasy!
For those following Trim Healthy Mama, this recipe is low carb and high fat so it will fall into your “S” meals and would be wonderful served with some non-starchy veggies like steamed broccoli or a nice green salad.
I hope you will give this Rotel Chicken Pasta a try soon and if you haven’t tried those THM noodles yet, this dish is a great gateway to do so.
Want More Recipes For Ancient Wisdom Noodles?
Here are some more recipes that work great with these low-carb and Trim Healthy Mama noodles. They are simple recipes with tons of flavor.
If you’ve tried these noodles or any of my recipes let me know in the comments or share a picture of the recipe you made with me over on my Instagram Page.
A low carb and gluten free version of chicken spaghetti.
- 12 ounces of heavy whipping
- 1 cup of Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilis
- 4 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 up chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt, or to taste
Pasta and Chicken
- 3 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 3 Packs of Ancient Wisdom Noodles
Optional Cheese For Topping
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of shredded cheese
- To make the Rotel Chicken Pasta sauce add the heavy cream to a medium saucepan and heat through but do not boil.
- In a blender add the cream cheese and both egg yolks. Slowly pour the warm heavy cream into the blender and mix the cream until all is smooth with no lumps of cream cheese.
- Pour the cream mixture back into the saucepan over low heat until it is hot. Whisking often.
- Add in the tomatoes with diced green chilis and the shredded cheddar cheese. Whisk until the cheese is completely melted and mixed in.
- Remove from the heat and add the shredded chicken and the Miracle Noodles that have been drained and rinsed really well into a large bowl,
- Carefully pour the hot cheese sauce over the shredded chicken breasts and the Miracle Noodles.
- Next add in the garlic, onion, chili, and cumin and stir the mixture well until all the chicken and noodles are coated in the cheese sauce. Taste for seasoning.
- Add the pasta mixture into a large baking dish and top with the remaining shredded cheese and place it into a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
- Bake for 40 minutes then remove from the oven and let it sit and cool for 5-7 minutes before serving.
If you don't like the Miracle Noodles you can use other low carb pasta options like Palmini Pastas or if you are really wanting a traditional pasta you can opt for Dreamfields if you don't have a problem with wheat or a lot more carbs.
Serving Size1/6 of the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 553Total Fat 37gTrans Fat 0gSodium 478mgCarbohydrates 6.4gNet Carbohydrates 5.8gFiber 1.3gSugar 1gProtein 47.8g
I am not a nutritionist. If you have strict dietary needs I always recommend using an online nutrition calculator to calculate your totals using your exact brands you're using in this recipe as values may vary per brand.
I am a southern girl through and through that loves to laugh, cook, read and spend time with family. My passions outside of home schooling my son are ministering to those in need and creating art in the kitchen! Every day is an adventure in our little house and I wouldn’t trade it or the chance to share here with you for anything!