Rotel Chicken Pasta
My Rotel Chicken Pasta is a low carb alternative to one of my favorite dishes I grew up eating, Chicken Spaghetti. That classic dish was always delicious and a crowd pleaser.
I can remember seeing it on the tables at just about every church potluck or family get-togethers as I grew up and still today for that matter.
While that classic casserole is delicious it isn’t something that I can enjoy any longer since I am always working on improving my health and trying to shed some pounds.
The typical Rotel Chicken Spaghetti is full of cans of condensed soups and high carb pasta that just doesn’t do my body any favors, so I wanted to find a way to make an alternative to the same type casserole for me and my family to enjoy with all the excess carbs of the condensed soups.
I think this recipe is a great tasting alternative and apparently, my husband and son must agree because they had second helpings when I made this for dinner. I love that I can give my pasta-loving son recipes that he loves without filling him up with all the processed high carb noodles.
If you haven’t tried them out, I really recommend that you give them a shot, while they are a bit chewier than your wheat pasta, they are so much better than any other konjac pasta I have tried.
I don’t think you will be disappointed if you give them a try in this recipe or any of my others using them here on the blog.
Besides any noodle that can help me not gain, but lose weight is the noodle I want to eat! Besides, a life without pasta dishes is not one I care to live. How about you?
Simple to Ingredients But Big Flavor
This recipe is a lifesaver when you need a delicious comfort food. It is warm and creamy, and oh so cheesy. That screams comfort to me. This is recipe uses a lot of dairy products so we don’t have it weekly, but I think I could eat it daily and not get tired of it.
I always judge a recipe’s success on two things. First by the taste of course, and secondly how long it takes to make. You guys know that I am a full-time working mom that home schools my son and plays around here on the blog, so my meals have to be easy and fast most nights.
My Rotel Chicken Pasta is super simple to pull together and other than the noodles that some may consider a “special ingredient’ all these things are usually found in our fridge or cupboards.
As for the noodles, I try to order them often from the Trim Healthy Mama website others brands can be easily found in Wal-Mart these days near the Vegan foods in the produce department.
I believe I have seen them at Kroger too, although if you want the best, in my opinion, check out them in the THM store HERE.
Making the Pasta
To make the Rotel Chicken Pasta you’ll have to steps. The first step is to simply mix your cream base together in a blender then add it to a mixing bowl. After your sauce is complete it gets even easier with the second step.
Mix in the chicken and noodles and mix well. I recommend tasting it at this point and adjusting the seasonings if needed.
After the two steps are complete it is time to pour it all into a baking dish and top with cheese. See, super easy! You can find step by step instruction below in the recipe card but this pretty much sums up the “how to” part. Easy Peasy!
For those following Trim Healthy Mama, this recipe is low carb and high fat so it will fall into your “S” meals and would be wonderful served with some non-starchy veggies like steam broccoli or a nice green salad.
I hope you will give this Rotel Chicken Pasta a try soon and if you haven’t tried those THM noodles yet, this dish is a great gateway to do so.
A low carb and gluten free version of chicken spaghetti.
- 16 ounces of heavy whipping
- 10 ounces of Diced Tomatoes With Green Chilis
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
- 1/3 up chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt, or to taste
Pasta and Chicken
- 3 large chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 3 Packages of Miracle Noodles
Optional Cheese For Topping
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup of shredded cheese
- To make the Rotel Chicken Pasta sauce add the heavy cream to a medium sauce pan and heat through but do not boil.
- In a blender add the cream cheese and both egg yolks. Slowly pour the warm heavy cream into the blender and mix the cream until all is smooth with not lumps of cream cheese.
- Pour the cream mixture back into the sauce pan over low heat until it is hot. Whisking often.
- Add in the tomatoes with diced green chilis and the shredded cheddar cheese. Whisk until the cheese is completely melted and mixed in.
- Remove from the heat and add the shredded chicken and the Miracle Noodles that have been drained and rinsed really well into a large bowl,
- Carefully pour the hot cheese sauce over the shredded chicken breasts and the Miracle Noodles.
- Next add in the garlic, onion, chili, and cumin and stir the mixture well until all the chicken and noodles are coated in the cheese sauce. Taste for seasoning.
- Add the pasta mixture into a large baking dish and top with the remaining shredded cheese and place it into a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
- Bake for 40 minutes then remove from the oven and let it sit and cool for 5-7 minutes before serving.
If you don't like the Miracle Noodles you can use other low carb pasta options like Palmini Pastas or if you are really wanting a traditional pasta you can opt for Dreamfields if you don't have a problem with wheat or a lot more carbs.
I am a southern girl through and through that loves to laugh, cook, read and spend time with family. My passions outside of home schooling my son are ministering to those in need and creating art in the kitchen! Every day is an adventure in our little house and I wouldn’t trade it or the chance to share here with you for anything!