A delicious classic style lasagna made with flavorful beef and cheesy goodness layered between low-carb Palmini noodles for a tasty gluten-free option. These Mini Low Carb Lasagnas are the perfect portion size for any meal. This recipe makes four mini lasagnas but can be easily doubled for more.
What Ingredients Are Needed To Make Low-Carb Mini Lasagnas?
These Mini Low Carb Lasagnas are easy to assemble and bake up in just 30 minutes because of their cute smaller serving size. You don’t need to do anything ahead of time if you don’t feel like it.
Cook the ground beef, mix up the cheesy goodness, boil the Palmini Lasagna Noodles, and that’s it. You’re ready to layer up these individual portions and bake them to perfection. Yummy low-carb comfort food in a cute little ramekin.
I mean who wouldn’t love this for dinner? I think it’s one of those foods I’m always in the mood for, especially if I can fit into a healthier eating plan. This recipe is totally perfect for that.
Here’s The Ingredient’s You’ll Need:
- Ground Beef (or Italian Sausage)
- Lowest Carb Pizza or Spaghetti Sauce
- Ricotta Cheese
- Large Egg
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Seasoning, Salt & Pepper
- Palmini Lasagna Noodles
All of these ingredients can be found at Walmart, even the Palmini Noodles. Well, let me just say I can find them at my local WalMart in the aisle where you would find gluten-free foods. I’m able to find these lasagna noodles and the angel hair pasta noodle there.
If you can’t find them locally they are totally worth ordering online at Amazon or Walmart.com. They are a fantastic replacement for regular pasta in my opinion and my family loves them more than zucchini noodles by far.
Assembling and Baking the Mini Lasagnas
Once you have all the ingredients you’ll need four small baking dishes like the ramekins you see pictured in this recipe. These small dishes hold about one cup of food just to give you an idea of their size.
Here’s how to put this recipe together.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. In a skillet brown the ground beef (or Italian sausage if you prefer), then drain any excess grease off before mixing in the low carb tomato sauce with some Italian Seasoning.
- Next, combine the ricotta cheese and egg and mix well. I like to add some additional Italian Seasoning and some onion and garlic powder to this mixture. But add it or omit it, totally up to your taste preferences.
- After you’ve mixed the ricotta mixture up, I suggest boiling the Palmini Noodles for about 15 minutes to soften them a little. This step is totally optional but it does wonders for the texture of the noodles since they are a bit firm when raw.
- When you are ready to assemble your mini lasagnas, start by layering in a little meat sauce, two Palmin Noodles, some of the ricotta cheese mixture, a sprinkle of mozzarella, then repeat the process until you’ve filled each ramakin up.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until lasagnas are bubbly and hot throughout. The cheese will be nice and melted on top as well.
- Remove from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes before serving.
What If I Don’t Have Mini Ramekins, Can I Still Make This Lasagna?
If you don’t have these small individual baking dishes you can make this recipe in a small glass baking dish or pie plate to serve it more family-style, but I just love how easy it is to control portions when baked individually.
So if you really want to make these in small portions but don’t have the little dishes you can use a muffin pan,
Check out the bottom of this post for some ideas or examples of great baking dishes you can purchase if you love mini recipes as much as I do. You can also hop over and check out my Low Carb Mini Chicken Pot Pies made in these same dishes after you finish here.
What Is The Best Way To Store or Reheat Leftovers Of This Recipe?
You can store these mini lasagna cups in the fridge for up to a week. After you make them just cover them tightly with foil or plastic wrap and store them in the fridge. These lasagnas make the perfect leftovers, and you can reheat them right in their little dishes.
When you are ready to reheat the leftovers, remove any covering you placed on them. You can place them in the microwave covered with a damp paper towel and warm them up for about 2 to 3 minutes (or until they are hot throughout). If you stir them after a minute it will help them warm through more evenly.
If you don’t want to use the microwave place the little dishes on a baking tray and wrap them in foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes and check them. If not warm enough put them back in for a few more minutes.
Can You Make These Mini Low Carb Lasagna And Freeze Them?
On busy nights, lasagna may not be your go-to meal. I totally get that because if you are making it all at once it takes a little while to get it all prepped and cooked. Busy nights are not good for hard recipes.
However, what if you could just pull them out of the freezer in the morning and bake them that evening when ready? Meaning that when it was dinner time, you could pop these beauties into the oven to bake for 30 minutes and toss together a nice green salad while they bake.
To freeze these little portions simply prep all the ingredients and assemble them per the recipe. Next, carefully wrap them with plastic wrap and place them onto a baking tray. Slide that baking tray into the freezer and let them freeze solid.
Once they are frozen I like to double wrap them in more plastic wrap or even foil to keep to avoid freezer burn. They will keep in your freezer for up to a month or two.
Heathy lasagna made low carb and gluten-free Palmini noodles and baked in individual ramekins. Makes four mini lasagnas.
- Mix the cooked ground beef or Italian sausage with the low carb pizza sauce in one bowl with one teaspoon of the Italian seasoning, and in another bowl mix the ricotta cheese, large egg, the other teaspoon of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder, and stir well to combine. Set these aside until you are ready to assemble the mini lasagnas.
- Boil the Palmini Lasagna Noodles for 15 minutes at a rolling boil to soften them, then drain well.
- Now to assemble the lasagnas, first begin by putting some of the meat sauce in the bottom of each ramekin, then add two Palmini lasagna noodles. I do mine crisscross.
- Then add some of the ricotta cheese and egg mixture to each little bowl and spring some mozzarella cheese on top of the mixture.
- Next, repeat the layers to fill up each little lasagna ending with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese on the tops of each.
- Place the Mini Low Carb Lasagnas on a baking tray and place it in a preheated 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- When they are baked carefully remove them from the oven and let them sit for 5 to 10 minutes to rest before serving.
Serving Size1 Mini Lasagna
Amount Per Serving Calories 489Total Fat 25gSodium 559mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 6.2gFiber 2.75gSugar 2gProtein 29g
I am not a nutritionist. If you have strict dietary needs I always recommend using an online nutrition calculator to calculate your totals using your exact brands you're using in this recipe as values may vary per brand.
I am a southern girl through and through that loves to laugh, cook, read and spend time with family. My passions outside of home schooling my son are ministering to those in need and creating art in the kitchen! Every day is an adventure in our little house and I wouldn’t trade it or the chance to share here with you for anything!