Introducing my Low Fat Blueberry Muffin Bites! These tasty little low fat muffin bites are loaded with plump juicy blueberries for the perfect bite of fruity goodness. Think blueberry muffin in cute little bite-sized treats! The recipe is perfect for a quick grab-and-go breakfast or hearty snack in the afternoon.
A Great New Recipe for Breakfast or Snack!
I’m excited to share these new Blueberry Muffin Bites with you. They are a sweet treat that reminds me of a blueberry muffin, just in smaller form.
They have a very soft cake-like texture that is heavenly straight from the oven or at room temperature with a nice cup of steamy coffee.
Both of those are so tasty and super easy. I’ve had a lot of readers tell me they enjoy them so I wanted to put out another fruity option
Unlike many of my recipes here on the blog these are not low carb or Keto friendly, so for my friends looking for those recipes, this one for everyone to try.
If you are looking for a low carb or Keto recipe, these might not be for you as this recipe is geared more toward my readers looking for tasty snacks that are low fat and fall in the Trim Healthy Mama “E” category.
How to Mix and Bake The Blueberry Muffin Bites.
To make these delicious muffin bites I always use Oat Flour because it is gluten free and very inexpensive. Again this is not a low carb or Keto approved flour so don’t get it confused with Oat Fiber which is lower in carbs.
But if you are not watching carbs closely, or for those looking for a yummy low fat and THM “E” option then oat flour is perfect.
Oat flour can be found in a lot of stores these days on the baking aisle. But if you are unable to find it in your local shop then you can do as I do and purchase a container of Old Fashioned Oats and grind them yourself in a coffee grinder or high powered blender.
Each little Blueberry Muffin Bite has about 8 net carbs and 1 gram of fat. They work well on low fat diets and you can enjoy 4-5 little bits as an THM “E” snack or meal.
Here’s Your Shopping List:
- fresh blueberries
- Triple Zero Mixed Berry Yogurt
- Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet (or Pyure Stevia Sweetener)
- egg whites
- oat flour
- Trim Healthy Mama Pristine Whey Protein
- baking powder
- baking soda
One of the wonderful things about these muffin bites is how quickly they can be mixed together and baked up! The whole process from start to the time you pull the first tempting batch out of the oven is about 35 minutes!
You’ll have a few added minutes for baking up the rest of the trays and if you have to grind your oats before mixing the batter up that will add about 5 more minutes to the mixing process.
To prepare the muffin bites you’ll just mix all the ingredients together (except the blueberries) in a large mixing bowl or blender and mix until all combined.
Once the muffin bite batter is mixed well, slowly fold in the fresh blueberries and you’re ready to bake. If you batter looks a little to wet to scoop let it sit for a few minutes so the batter will thicken.
Next, the process is as simple as scooping them out onto your baking sheet using a small 1-inch cookie scoop and bake each batch for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. If you don’t have a small cookie scoop you can use a tablespoon just as easy.
Once these yummy little muffin bites are ready you can eat them straight out of the oven or at room temperature. The recipe is also a great make ahead option because it is super freezer-friendly.
Best Tips for Recipe Success!
My Low Fat Blueberry Muffin Bites will turn out great each time you bake them following these tips and tricks below.
- Pick the freshest most plump blueberries you can when getting ready to bakes little gems. Frozen can be used, but the end results will not be as pretty and will most likely have a very purple color to the batter.
- If you need gluten free make sure when purchasing your oat flour that you read the package to make sure it says gluten free. Some oats are processed in factories with other flours that contain gluten.
- If you don’t like blueberries like we do, you can replace them with raspberries. This may up the carb count slightly.
- This recipe makes about 40-44 muffin bites so it is good for meal prepping for the week or freezing for later. To make these ahead, double the recipe and freeze half for later. I like to freeze them on a cookie sheet and once they are frozen you can toss them into a gallon-size freezer bag and pull them out as needed. They thaw super fast.
- If you can’t find Oat Flour you can make your own by grinding up Old Fashion Oats in a coffee grinder or high power blend. This is what I do for mine. I find it a little cheaper and I know it is gluten free.
- For a super tasty addition to these bites add in 1/3 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts. If you are THM the nuts will add additional fat taking you into crossover mode, but boy are they yummy!
- For easier clean up use parchment paper on the baking sheet.
You May also like these to Low Fat and THM “E” Recipes Also!
Until next time blessing from our table to yours!
Tender low fat muffin bites filled with juicy fresh blueberries. These little muffin bites make a perfect gluten free breakfast or afternoon snack with coffee!
- 2 1/2 cups of Oat Flour, Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries
- 1 cup of Triple Zero Mixed Berry Yogurt ( 2 of the small containers)
- 3/4 cup of Pyure Stevia Sweetener
- 1/2 cup of egg whites
- 1/4 cup of Trim Healthy Mama Whey Protein
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- cooking spray
- Add the mixed berry yogurt, sweetener, and egg whites to a mixing bowl and cream them together until smooth.
- With the mixer on low add in all the dry ingredients, salt, cinnamon, vanilla into the wet ingredients and combine until all is mixed in.
- When the batter is well mixed gently fold in the fresh blue berries and let the muffin mix sit for 5 minutes.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and using a small cookie scoop (or tablespoon) to drop the Blue Merry Muffin Bites onto baking sheet The soft cookie bites will only spread a little bit resulting in a nice rounded bite with a soft cake-like texture.
- Bake the bites for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Remove the finished Blueberry Muffin Bites from the cookie sheet and let cool on a cookie rack.
- Once they have cooled, they can be stored in an air type container on the counter for up to 1-2 days or in the fridge for a couple of weeks. They also freeze wonderfully.
Amount Per ServingCalories 39Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 1mgSodium 56mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 8gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g
I am not a nutritionist. If you have strict dietary needs I always recommend using an online nutrition calculator to calculate your totals using your exact brands you're using in this recipe as values may vary per brand.
I am a southern girl through and through that loves to laugh, cook, read and spend time with family. My passions outside of home schooling my son are ministering to those in need and creating art in the kitchen! Every day is an adventure in our little house and I wouldn’t trade it or the chance to share here with you for anything!