Join me in my very own My Table of Three buddytribe group HERE.
This Slow Cooker Sausage Alfredo is loaded with flavor. It is a great low-carb option for dinner any night of the week. Savory Italian Sausage is cooked with a low-carb and gluten-free pasta alternative then combined with a deliciously easy alfredo sauce. It is easy and destined to be a slow cooker favorite.
Slow Cooker Low Carb Sausage Alfredo
This new slow cooker recipe is a combination of two of my favorite things, Italian Sausage, and Alfredo Pasta. This slow-cooker version is totally gluten-free and lower in carbs.
How many ways do you love your slow cooker? Oh I could count a ton of ways I love mine, but I’ll spare you that list and tell you that if you’re needing a new recipe to rekindle the love of your slow cooker this is a great one.
The Italian sausage is so savory and juicy making it a great alternative to traditional chicken alfredo. Both the sausage and easy alfredo sauce give the dish so many layers of flavor! I love how it all comes together in four hours while I work on other tasks.
Not only is this a great meal that cooks as you work or focus on more important things but it is also pretty simple and only has six main ingredients and some spice to make up the whole recipe.
Here’s a look at what you’ll need:
- Italian Sausage Links
- Palmini Angel Hair Pasta
- Cream Cheese
- Shredded Parmesan
- Chicken stock
- Heavy Whipping Cream
The only ingredient out of these listed that you may not be able to find locally is the Palmini Pasta, but more and more people are telling me they have access to them at local stores. I find mine at our health food store.
If you can’t find them locally they can be found on Amazon and WalMart.com now. They are now my family’s favorite low-carb pasta to use with this easy and delicious recipe.
Can You Use an Instant Pot Instead of a Slow Cooker For This Recipe?
An Instant Pot is great at cooking things fast. That’s because it’s intended to be used as an electric pressure cooker. It does amazingly great with tough meats or things that need that pressure to tenderize them.
I love the way you can drop all your ingredients inside them just as you can a traditional slow cooker. But I still love having my old faithful crockpot around for certain recipes too.
While I wouldn’t recommend you toss out your Slow Cooker and replace it with an Instant Pot for all slow cooker recipes, this Low Carb Sausage Alfredo works fine in an Instant Pot using the Slow Cooker Function.
In fact, I enjoyed making this recipe in my Instant Pot because I liked that it actually saved me an extra dish to wash in the end. I like to brown my Italian Sausage on all sides before adding them to my noodles and other ingredients and by using the Instant Pot I was able to brown them in the pot.
Had I been using my traditional slow cooker, I would have used a skillet on the stove with a little oil in it to brown each side of the sausages and that means another step and another pan to wash. Neither of which is something I enjoy.
After I browned my sausage links, I poured over the rest of the ingredients and placed the Glass Lid on my Instant Pot and adjusted the cook settings to “Normal” and let it go for four hours. It worked out perfectly.
I’ll talk more about the noodles I use in this recipe in the next section, but since the slow cooker doesn’t use pressure it will not make these noodles super soft, so follow the directions on the back of the package if you want them to be more than al dente when this recipe is ready to serve.
Be sure to read the next section on the brand of noodles I used to get more information on how they work in this dish and more information on using them.
Juicy Italian Sausage and low carb noodles cooked in the slow cooker with a simple yet delicious alfredo sauce.
- 5 Italian Sausage Links
- 3 packages of Palmini Angel Hair Pasta
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian season
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to your taste
- Add the oil to the skillet and place the 5 sausages into the pan. Brown them on each side quickly then place them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Empty the packages of Angel Hair Palmini into a strainer and rinse well. Drain thoroughly then add them into the slow cooker on top of the sausages. These will still have a bit to them after cooking so if you want them to be extra tender see the blog post for tips.
- Add the garlic powder, Italian Seasoning, salt, and pepper to the slow cooker then place the block of cream cheese on top of the noodles.
- Next, add in the chicken broth and place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours remove the sausages from the slow cooker and put them onto a plate.
- Then add in the heavy cream and shredded Parmesan Cheese and stir well. Make sure all the pasta is coated in the cheese mixture.
- Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed. Place the sausages back into the slow cooker and keep on warm until ready to serve.
I use my Instant Pot on the Slow Cooker setting. I brown my sausages in the pot then add everything on top and cook on low for 4 hours. I like the look of the sausage after they are browned first but if you want to skip that step you can.
I am a southern girl through and through that loves to laugh, cook, read and spend time with family. My passions outside of home schooling my son are ministering to those in need and creating art in the kitchen! Every day is an adventure in our little house and I wouldn’t trade it or the chance to share here with you for anything!