Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links to products used in the recipe.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup is a super easy soup that your family will love. The creamy soup is full of delicious chicken and veggies. It is not only tasty but filling and good for your waistline as it is low carb and gluten free. If you follow Trim Healthy Mama then this will be a great “S fuel” soup for your instant pot or slow cooker.
Soups are such a great option for the cooler months and on busy nights. Soups can be put together in less time than most other meals, which makes them one of my go-to meals at least a couple times a week during the fall and winter.
The greatest cooking technique, in my opinion, the “dump and go” is often the best part of having soup for dinner. Would you agree?
I mean with the slow cookers and pressure cookers most of us have in our homes, you can have the soup cooking all day while you focus on other tasks. Then when your family is hungry all you are left doing is serving it up.
Noodle in a Low Carb Soup?
You may be asking yourself this same question about noodles! But if you have been around the blog over the last few months you will know that I have fallen in love with using the Trim Healthy Mama brand of low carb noodles but currently they are no longer available in their store so I’ve had to find other brands or low carb noodles like Miracle Noodles, or Zero Carb Noodles.
These noodles are not your typical wheat noodles, they are a type of noodle made from these ingredients: Purified Water, Organic Konnyaku Flour, Less Than 2% of Organic Oat Flour, Calcium Hydroxide (Food Grade Limewater). These noodles are low calories, low fat, and of course low carbs.
They work wonders in meals that call for pasta and fall within the macro and carb limits of most low carb and Keto diets. Note that the “oat fiber” is just the fiber from the oats, so it basically has the same net carb count as flax meal after the fiber is subtracted from the total carbs. So, with no net carbs, these noodles are the perfect choice for this Creamy Chicken and Noodle Soup.
They also work wonders in other recipes such as the ones I have shared below. I hope you will hop over and check these two recipes out after you finish reading and pinning this one! You will be so glad you gave these a try, trust me!
This soup couldn’t be simpler or tastier! Along with some simple spices you will just need six ingredients to make this recipe. The best part is that all the ingredients are easy to find at any local grocery store.
To Make this Soup You’ll Need:
2.5 lbs of boneless & Skinless chicken breasts or thighs
8-10 cups of chicken stock
12 oz bag of frozen cut green beans
12 oz bag of frozen sliced mushrooms
1 cup of onions and bell peppers
1/2 cup celery
1 cup of cream or coconut milk for dairy free option
Note: seasoning like salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
I am addicted to using Instant Pot these days, but you could absolutely cook this recipe on the stove or in a slow cooker if you don’t have a pressure cooker. If you go the slow cooker or stove route, I would recommend using a store-bought broth or stock to cut the cooking time.
Just add all the ingredients to your pot on the stove, or slow cooker and cook until all the ingredients are warm. Add the noodles about 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
I am so excited to share this easy soup recipe with you all and I hope you will give the recipe a try soon! If you try it be sure to let me know in the comments below. Or share your picture of your recipe and your thoughts on the pin over on Pinterest!
A creamy and delicious Chicken Noodle Soup that is loaded with veggies and low carb and gluten free noodles.
- 2.5 lbs of boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 (12 oz) bag of frozen cut green beans
- 1 (12 oz) bag of frozen sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of chopped onions
- 1 cup of chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream or coconut milk for dairy free option
- 1 to 2 bags of zero carb noodles, chopped
- Add the broth and chicken into the pressure cooker along with the green beans, onions, celery, and bell peppers.
- Cook the soup on the Soup Setting for about 20 minutes
- While the soup is cooking rinse and drain the noodles before chopping them into smaller pieces. This is an extra step but I have found that doing so makes the noodle easier to distribute into the soup. It also makes them easier to eat with a soup spoon.
- When the pressure cooker is done let the pressure natural release for 5 minutes then do a quick release to remove the remaining steam
- Take out the chicken and shred it and return it back to the soup.
- Add the noodles to the hot soup and let sit 5 minutes to heat the noodles.
- Lastly before serving add in the cream (or coconut milk for dairy free) and stir well. If cooking the soup on the stove top remove the pan from the heat before adding the cream.
- Serve hot.
I am a southern girl through and through that loves to laugh, cook, read and spend time with family. My passions outside of home schooling my son are ministering to those in need and creating art in the kitchen! Every day is an adventure in our little house and I wouldn’t trade it or the chance to share here with you for anything!