Chocolate Lover’s Dream…
This past week here at our house was a super busy time. Not only was it full of school and church activities but we also had a ton of friends and family over to celebrate my little man turning seven. I just got teary eyed typing that, the years sure fly by fast, don’t they?
We had been looking forward to this weekend for over a month but we knew that along with all the party fun and loved ones that the house would be full of all types sugary junk foods that we avoid.
Making the Cheesecake
Thankfully, this Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake was a success and such a treat, It was a great way to celebrate in a healthy way, without feeling deprived! Nobody likes attending a party and watching everyone else enjoying their dessert, right? crust to this dreamy dessert is so simple. Just toss all your crust ingredients into a food processor and turn it on.
Slowly drizzle the butter in as it mixes. It should look like crumbs and stick together when pinched between your fingers. If you do not have a food processor you can do this step by hand.
When complete, the crust should look like crumbs and stick together when pinched between your fingers. If you do not have a food processor you can do this step by hand.
Next, press the mixture into the bottom of the pan and up the sides. Make sure you press the crumb mixture around the pan as evenly as possible and up the sides a bit. Once finished, you will need to bake your crust before adding the filling for about ten minutes.
While your crust is blind baking move on to your filling. In a food processor or blender, add all your filling ingredients mix the cheesecake filling until it is very smooth. At this point, you will remove some of the mixture and set it aside.
This will become your chocolate swirl later. Add the remaining filling to your crust and move on to the next step, make your swirl.
Swirls are a Beautiful Thing!
To get the swirl in this chocolate Swirl Cheesecake, take the vanilla mixture that you set aside and add it to your food processor along with your chocolate. Depending on sweet you like your chocolate, you may need to taste the mix at this point. That will allow you to adjust your sweetness if needed.
Once your chocolate filling is finished, add it to the cheesecake by placing a spoonful in a few random places in the vanilla mixture. Lastly, swirl the chocolate into the vanilla with a knife or toothpick and bake the Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Chill completely and serve. This cheesecake freezes well whole or in single servings.
I bake this cheesecake as well as most of my others in this Wilton 9 inch tart pan. It is extremely easy to use and easy to remove the cheesecake once cooled. Take a look at this pan and my favorite THM products here in my Amazon Store.
Find me Here!
This Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake is so rich and creamy. With the rich dark chocolate swirl mixed with a low carb vanilla filling you can't go wrong.
- 1 1/4 cups of almond meal
- 1/2 cup of Oat Fiber
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 12 Tablespoons of melted butter, melted
- 1/3 cups of Pyure Stevia Sweetener
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 12 oz of softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup of Pyure Sweetener
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup of Daisy Sour Cream
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened Cocoa Powder (set aside for the swirl)
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips, melted (set aside for swirl)
- Begin your crust by adding the almond flour, coco, sweetener into your food processor.
- Turn your machine on and slowly add in the melted butter until your mixture looks like course crumbs. It should stick together when you press it between your fingers.
- Press the crust mixture into your greased pan evenly and up the sides a little. Blind bake your crust for about eight minutes on the top shelf at 350 degrees.
- Next for the filling add in the eggs, cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sweetener, whipping cream, salt and sour cream. Blend these ingredients well until they are all smooth. Reserve 1/2 cup of this vanilla cheesecake filling in another bowl before adding the rest of the filling into the crust.
- Use the reserved 1/2 cup of filling to make your chocolate swirl. Add the reserved filling, 2 Tablespoons of cocoa powder, the melted 1/4 cup of chocolate chips back into your food processor and blend well. You may need to taste and add in a couple more teaspoons of sweetener but that is up to you. If your mixture is really thick you can thin it with a splash of cream.
- Once you have it all mixed, drop small scoops of the chocolate filling in random places into the vanilla mixture.
- Next use a straw or knife to carefully swirl the chocolate around throughout the vanilla mixture. You could also use toothpicks if needed to swirl.
- Bake on the top rack at 325 degree for about 25 minutes. It will be firm to the touch with no wiggle. Let cool completely before cutting.
- Chill the Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake completely before serving for best results.
I am a southern girl through and through that loves to laugh, cook, read and spend time with family. My passions outside of home schooling my son are ministering to those in need and creating art in the kitchen! Every day is an adventure in our little house and I wouldn’t trade it or the chance to share here with you for anything!