This low-carb Bacon Ranch Chicken Roll is a hearty-filled pastry that is delicious and family-friendly. A gluten-free cheese dough wrapped around a savory filling of shredded chicken, cream cheese, bacon, and seasoned with low carb ranch.
Bacon & Ranch Chicken Roll
If you’re looking for a special dinner recipe that is both delicious and filling then this Bacon and Ranch Chicken Roll has you covered.
It’s a tasty pastry wrapped around moist shredded chicken, crispy bacon, and cheese. Then it is baked to perfection before serving.
This recipe makes a fairly large roll and it can be cut into 10 slices. I would save it would safely serve up to 5 people.
My Bason and Ranch Chicken Roll have become one of our new favorite ways to use the “fat head” cheese dough. I have my eight-year-old son to thank for it.
He is such a sweet boy and a great helper in the kitchen. Nathanael is my little chef in training and loves to help in the kitchen and he is quick to share his praises at the dinner table when he enjoys the meal.
But be warned because after years of watching Food Network and recipe creations with mom he can dish out critiques when he deems them necessary.
I will admit to having made some dishes that have fallen prey to such critiques of my junior chef.
Momma Needs Help!
One day, while I was working on a list of potential recipes for the blog, my little guy came in and ask if he could help me with ideas.
As busy as I was I stopped to pull him up a chair next time. See, I love spending time with him, and to be honest, his coming in was a welcome distraction from my creative slump.
Besides, it’s always great to have fresh ideas and perspectives on things. Yes, even if that perspective comes from a third-grader. Beggars can’t be choosers, right? This recipe is proof that great minds start young!
As we started talking and bouncing ideas around you can just imagine some of the silliness that emerged and he was full of giggles each time he tossed out some outlandish recipes.
It was getting near dinner time and he mentioned that he wanted me to make him some pinwheels that evening and instead of the sausage and cream cheese this time he wanted me to fill them with bacon, chicken, and ranch.
It was getting near dinner time as he mentioned that he wanted me to make him some pinwheels that evening. But he said he wanted me to fill them with bacon, chicken, and ranch.
Change of Plans Mom!
After some pressure from the little man and thanks to the power of weekly food prep, I was able to use some cooked chicken breasts that I had in the fridge and the bacon that I had picked up on sale for 1.89 per lb.
So I did what any loving mom would do, I sacrificed my menu plan for that night and put together this delicious Bacon & Ranch Chicken Roll on the fly.
Of course, eating this heavenly stuffed roll instead of the cold wraps was nothing close to sacrificing, right?
It was out of this world good and what a fun time it was working with my little guy’s idea and seeing his excitement as I showed him the finished product.
He and my husband both raved about it and voted it a new favorite. So with his request of the three main ingredients and the dough from his beloved pinwheels, this recipe came to life and found a spot here on the blog.
He and I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do!
Come Connect with Me on Social Media:
Low carb pastry filled with a creamy chicken and bacon filling. This is a hearty and filling dinner options that would pair well with a leafy grean salad.
For the Filling
- 3 cups of cooked chicken, shredded
- 10 ounces of crispy bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 cup of Duke's Mayo
- 1/2 cup Daisy Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoons of dried dill
- 1 teaspoon of garlic granules
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoons of black pepper
For the Pastry
- For the chicken filling, simply add all of them into a large mixing bowl and stir until they are well combined. Taste the mixture and adjust any seasonings to your liking.
- Set the filling aside and make the pastry for the roll.
- To make the pastry follow the directions provided on the link by clicking on the Cheese Dough in the ingredient list.
- Once you have your cheese dough made spray a piece of parchment paper and lay your dough in the center.
- With a rolling pin roll the dough out into a large rectangle shape. The larger the better, but do not roll it out so thin that your dough will tear as your roll it around the filling. I try to aim for a 12x18 or 9x13 rectangle, but it doesn't have to be perfect.
- After rolling out the dough add your filling evening across the top of the dough.
- Turn the parchment paper around so that the widest part of the dough in from of you and begin rolling the dough up over the filling until you have reached the end.
- Gently turn the rollover and pinch the seam closed so that the filling will not come out during baking.
- Spray a baking sheet and transfer our roll onto it.
a sharp knife carefully slices small slits into the dough. I make my slits spaced out enough that there will be ten sections. Do not cut real deep.
- Just slightly. This step is optional but it makes it much easier to cut when serving.
- Place in a preheated oven at 375 and bake for 25-30 minutes. The pastry will be golden brown.
Let rest 10 minutes before cutting.
Amount Per Serving Calories 572Total Fat 33gTrans Fat 0gCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 28g
I am not a nutritionist. If you have strict dietary needs I always recommend using an online nutrition calculator to calculate your totals using your exact brands you're using in this recipe as values may vary per brand.
I am a southern girl through and through that loves to laugh, cook, read and spend time with family. My passions outside of home schooling my son are ministering to those in need and creating art in the kitchen! Every day is an adventure in our little house and I wouldn’t trade it or the chance to share here with you for anything!