Asian Inspired BBQ Chicken is a great way to spruce up your summer cookouts or dinners with great flavors from ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, and garlic . You will not want to miss this great new way to enjoy tender and juicy chicken breasts!
Grilling Season Means Lots Delicious and Easy Meals!
During the summer months, one of my favorite ways to cook dinner is grilling out. I love cooking outside and not having to heat up the house with the stove. So grilling outside not only gives us a tasty dinner but it also gives my oven a much-needed break.
I am all about that cooking once and eating multiple meals plan, but I need variety in my meals so I don’t get bored with my food. Are you like that, or are you someone that can eat the same proteins every night?
One tip I will share is to shop before your grilling night and grab a few different types of proteins like burgers, sausages, pork chops and chicken.
I call this meal prep may weeks during hot months and it works out great for us. If I know something is for a few days later after I’m grilling it I’ll keep that in mind and pull it off the grill before it is completely cooked through, Then I let it cool completely before storing it away in the refrigerator.
By not cooking it fulling I can avoid the meat drying later when you are ready to reheat it for dinner during the week. It works perfectly.
What Chicken Options Work Best With This Asian Inspired BBQ Chicken?
Lately, I have got a lot of boneless skinless chicken breast on sale for under a dollar a pound, some even as low as .78 a pound. How awesome is that? I love finding great proteins and stocking up on them for the weeks when the sales aren’t so great.
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- bone in breasts
- chicken drumsticks
- chicken thigh
- boneless skinless chicken thighs
With so much chicken in my freezer, I always have a variety of chicken to choose from. My go to choice for this recipe is boneless and skinless chicken breasts or thighs. My husband and son definitely favor the thighs since they are always super juicy and tasty on the grill.
If you’re looking for a lower fat options then the breasts will be the way to go. But either way the chicken will be amazing. If you don’t like either options for your family’s preference or your budget then go for one of the other options listed above.
Let’s Get Saucy and Whip Up That BBQ Sauce!
Once you’ve decided on which cut of chicken you are going to use for this recipe the next step will be gathering your ingredients for making the low carb BBQ sauce.
I call this my Asian Inspired BBQ Chicken because I take the simple base I use for a sugar free BBQ sauce and jazz it up a few ingredients that you find in many Asian dishes. Those special ingredients are: soy sauce, ginger, and sesame oil.
Though these may not be typical ingredients you keep on hand all the time they are easily found in any WalMart or grocery story with a Asian section.
I totally think they are worth picking up and keeping in your pantry or fridge. They really add a special zip to this BBQ and just think of all the yummy dishes you can add them to once you have them in your pantry.
Here’s What You Will Need:
- low sugar ketchup
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- THM Gentle sweet (or Pyure Brand)
- minced onions
- minced ginger
- Sesame Oil
- garlic clove, finely minced
- Xanthan Gum for thickening
- Juice of one lime
Once you are ready to make your sauce just gather all your ingredients and add all the ingredients into a blender. Turn the blender on low and blend the sauce for a couple of minutes. I love how simple this amazing sauce comes together.
After mixing the sauce in the blender carefully add it to a medium sauce pan over medium heat and cook until it has reduced and has thickened slightly.
This cooking process usually takes me about 15 minutes to reach my desired sauce consistency. Now that you have the chicken and the sauce ready it is time to combine them out on the grill.
Get ready for some yumminess friends because this Asian Inspired BBQ Chicken is going to be a great new way to enjoy BBQ this summer. I really hope you give it a try and let me know what you think!
Come visit my social media pages!
A delicious and flavorful twist on BBQ Chicken using some amazing ingredients like ginger, sesame, soy sauce, and more. Take your grilling season to a new level of tasty.
For the BBQ Sauce:
- 3/4 cup of low sugar ketchup (I make my own)
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 cup of THM Brand Gentle sweet (see notes)
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 Tablespoons of Sesame Oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp Xanthm for thickening
- Juice of one Lime
For the Chicken
- 2-3 lbs of boneless and skinless chicken breast
- Salt and Pepper to your tastes
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend on low for a couple of minutes.
- Next add the ingredients to a sauce pan and cook on low heat until it is slightly thickened. About 15 minutes is what I generally do.
- Set sauce aside and prepare your chicken for the grill as you normally do. Use salt and pepper to your tastes to season the chicken before adding to your grill.
- After the chicken is in on the grill and reaches the half way point of cooking you can begin basting your chicken with the sauce. I like to do one side then let it cook a bit before flipping it and basting the other side. This will help set the sauce on the chicken.
- Repeat the basting several times.
- Important Note: Remember if you want some of the sauce to dip your chicken into at the table later you will need to separate a portion of the sauce to save before you start basing the chicken.
I am a southern girl through and through that loves to laugh, cook, read and spend time with family. My passions outside of home schooling my son are ministering to those in need and creating art in the kitchen! Every day is an adventure in our little house and I wouldn’t trade it or the chance to share here with you for anything!